Friday 12 September 2014

‘My Husband poison and, almost strangle me to death’ - Wife

A 55-year-old civil servant named Samuel has asked the court to dissolve his 16-year-old marriage to his wife over lack of respect.
Addressing the court, Samuel said he may kill her one day if the court does not separate them, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. 

“Please separate us; I do not want to commit murder,” Samuel pleaded.

Responding to her husband’s divorce suit on Thursday, September 11, at the Igando Customary Court, Lagos, Charity Nyenka, a 49-year-old businesswoman accused him of trying to poison her so he can marry a new wife.
She said: “God exposed him when he came to church one evening as the Holy Spirit arrested him, and he confessed to having poisoned the food I was to eat. 

“My husband took a lady to his village for marriage without my knowledge; when I confronted him, he said he was tired of me and that I should pack out.”
She added that there was a night he tried to strangle her but she managed to escape and ran to neighbour’s house.

She described her husband as an ingrate who had nothing when he married her and she assisted him in starting a business but when the business started to flourish, he began to misbehave.
She told the court to grant her husband’s wish as it had become obvious he no longer loved her. 

Presiding over the case, the court president, Mr R.I. Adeyeri, adjourned the case to Sept. 17 for judgment.
The divorce rate in Nigeria and other parts of the world keeps increasing by the day and this has been blamed mostly on incompatibility and intolerance of couples.
 
 
 
NAN

3 comments:

  1. The court should just seperate them, no bi by force

    ReplyDelete
  2. is like living with the enemy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah no point really

    ReplyDelete