Friday 3 July 2015

"I wish my son listened to his grandmother" - Victims mother

The boat mishap in Ojo Local Government has left their parents amid tears and anguish broken as bodies were recovered by the rescue teams and buried.
Mrs. Veronica Friday, the mother of Jonathan, said “I wished my son had yielded to his paternal grandmother’s advice not to go to school.” Veronica muted in an interview with Vanguard, stating that he (Jonathan) demanded that he would go to school, because examination would be starting on Wednesday.

Late Jonathan was an apprentice in one of the barbers shops in the community with his late friend, Nelson.
His elder sister, 17-year-old Abigail, explained that the grand mother asked Jonathan to forget the idea of going to school since he was already late but he refused.
She noted that Jonathan often left home at about 7:30 am but last Wednesday, he left at 8:30 am; which made his grand-mother to plead with him not to go to school that day.

Lamenting the death of her sibling, Abigail said “I don’t know how we can fill this vacuum left by Jonathan in the house. He is the one responsible for the house chores. We eat together daily but since yesterday, I’ve not seen my brother. I wish he was still around.”

1 comment: