Wednesday 27 February 2013

America Idol winner Fantasia Blasts Jet Magazine on Instagram


American Idol winner and Broadway star Fantasia Barrino went on an Instagram rant because of the chosen cover for Jet Magazine! Apparently  the singer was this month’s feature, however the photo chosen to grace the cover was one  from “10 years ago”!


 The article titled, “Rumors, Regrets, & What’s Next Fantasia” hopefully isn’t overshadowed by this situation. The article discusses the singer’s new sound and album “Side Effects of You”, financial situation, and her acceptance of self-love.
The main thing I wanted in life was peace and freedom; the ability to let go…You could say the stage saved me because when I’m in front of people I carry my pain and soul…That is my salvation.”
She even touches on her relationship with her children’s fathers:
I’m single and happy. I have a great relationship with both of my children’s fathers… If you catch me with either of them, we are not together— we are just being good parents. All I’m focused on right now is music and my kids.”
Although the article is steered in a positive direction, the attention is shifted in a negative direction. Although artists want to have control over their brand, we have to ask: Was this one worth it?
Fanny looks beautiful on the cover and it’s safe to assume Jet Magazine wouldn’t try to sabotage her or her image.

No comments:

Post a Comment