Monday 20 January 2014

Madonna Apologised, Insisted She Is Not Racist

Madonna has apologised and insisted she is not a racist after using a racial slur when she posted an online photo of her son.
The star had uploaded a picture on Instagram of 13-year-old Rocco Ritchie boxing on Friday night, with the offensive term used as a hashtag in the caption.

In it she said: "No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out!"
She then added "#disn****".
After a backlash from Instagram users for her use of the word, the comment was quickly removed.
Though initially defiant, she subsequently issued a statement in which she said: "Forgive me. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram.

"It was not meant as a racial slur. I am not a racist. There's no way to defend the use of the word.
"It was all about intention. It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white.
"I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologise if it gave people the wrong impression."
As well as Rocco, Madonna has three other children - Lourdes, David and Mercy.

Her two youngest, Mercy and David, were both adopted from Malawi in Africa.
The singer was criticised earlier this month for posting a separate picture of Rocco on New Year's Eve, in which he and his friends posed with bottles of alcohol.
Madonna responded: "No one was drinking, we were just having fun!
"Calm down and get a sense of humour! Don't start the year off with judgement!"

No comments:

Post a Comment