Friday 7 February 2014

Activist Asari Dokunbo Interrogarted Over Alleged Inflammatory Remarks

The leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force, NDPVF, Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, is currently undergoing interrogation at the Department of State Services, DSS, headquarters, following alleged inflammatory remarks credited to him about 2015 general elections.

He was, however, released at about 4pm.
Asari-Dokubo in honouring the invitation extended to him, yesterday, stormed DSS headquarters with his lawyers and a few supporters.

“If it is war the North wants, we are ready for them because Jonathan must complete the mandatory constitutionally allowable two terms of eight years. At home, we have regrouped and we have put our people at alert,” Dokubo had said in a television interview in Lagos.
But the All Progressives Congress, APC, almost immediately criticised the DSS for looking the other way and not arresting Asari-Dokubo over his inciting remarks.

The party had wondered if the DSS was hibernating for not arresting the Niger Delta warlord for making those statements, even when it arrested its chieftain, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, over a similar allegation of making inciting statement about 2015 elections.
Deputy Director, Public Relations Department of DSS, Marilyn Ogar, who confirmed the development to Vanguard in Abuja, said Asari-Dokubo was then undergoing interrogation
Meanwhile, earlier on his arrival at DSS office, Asari who was accompanied by his kinsmen said he was prepared to answer any kind of question that may be posed to him.

“I’m here to honour DSS invitation, I don’t know if it is arrest.
“I’m not afraid of arrest, and have never been. Arrest is part of the dividend of the struggle. I have been arrested 73 times, today’s arrest will be making it the 74th time.
”I’m going into DSS headquarters with my prayer mat, my Koran, tisbih, toilet bag, which contains my toothpaste, toothbrush.
“I’m also here with my drugs. I am fully prepared, if the DSS decides to arrest me, I’m ready to stay,” Asari said.

No comments:

Post a Comment