Monday 15 December 2014

‘Two years ago I use to be a Bricklayer n rat poison seller’ - Patoranking

Last night at the Headies, Patoranking who won the well-deserved Next Rated awards at the Headies; which earned him a brand new Hyundai had the best speech of the night when he revealed that he used to be a rat killer seller and Bricklayer.
When he got on stage he said

"When I sang " When I moved from nothing to something, that is my story...I meant it..I would like to say something..2 years ago, I was living in a one room, now, I 'm living (crowd cheered...Lekki) somewhere around. He then decided to speak in pidgin English and said..

"If I tell you say I be dey sell rat killer, you go believe? If I tell you say IDO bricklayer for Lagos you go believe? Don't let anyone stop you from achieving your dreams..

On that note, he walked away as the crowd gave him a standing ovation....
Patoranking's new car to give out on the night
 

See full list of winners below

Rookie of the Year: Reekado Banks

Best R ‘n’ B Single: 2face (Let somebody love you)

Best Pop Single: Mavins (Dorobucci)

Best Rap Single: Pyhno (Parcel)

Best Street Hop: Oritsefemi (Double Wahala)

Best Vocal Performance (Male): Timi Dakolo (Iyawo Mi)

Best R ‘n’ B Pop Album: Sean Tizzle (The Journey)

Best Vocal Performance (Female): Niyola

Best Rap Album: Olamide (Baddest Guy Ever Liveth)

Best Reggae Dancehall Single: Patoranking (Girlie O remix)

Best Collabo: Wizzy Pro (Emergency)

Hip Hop World Revelation: Kcee

Recording of the Year: Cobhams Asuquo (Ordinary People)

Best Alternative Song: Bolaji (BOJ)

Producer of the Year: Don Jazzy

Lyricist on the Roll: Jesse Jagz

Next Rated: Patoranking

Best African Artiste of the Year: Sarkodie

Best Music Video Director: Clarence Peters

Song of the year: Davido (Aye)

Album of the Year: Olamide

Artiste of the Year: Davido

Hall of Fame: Sir Victor Uwaifo...

2 comments:

  1. never look down on anybody, thins turn arund kudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. work hard you can achieve anything

    ReplyDelete