Friday 30 January 2015

APC should focus on politics, not campaign of calumny the more mud they throw, the cleaner I come out - Agbaje

The Lagos state governor fashola, who made the statement while addressing the crowd at the APC campaign rally held in Epe Local Government, said that revealing the facts on land use charge debt of JayKay pharmacy was not for personal reasons but for the development of the state.  
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State yesterday challenged the People’s Democratic Party, PDP governorship candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, the owner of Jaykay Pharmacy, to publish receipts showing that he had paid N1.6 million land use charge debt.

According to him, “It is not that I hate him (Agbaje). But this is not a personal issue. This is an issue that concerns the development of Lagos State. I am saying this without mincing words. His pharmacy has not paid land Use Charge for year 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012; it amounts to N1, 629, 064.62. But they have paid for 2013 and 2014.”  

This came 24 hours after Agbaje accused the governor of distorting the fact, saying “I have even been commended for paying my Land Use Charge on time. “I didn’t say you did not pay two years Land Use Charge, LUC you did. But you have four years unpaid LUC. If you have paid all your LUC, please publish your receipt.” Agbaje condemns Fashola, APC’s attacks on him Meantime Agbaje yesterday decried the constant attacks on his personality by the All Progressives Congress-led government. Agbaje, said while addressing a rally organised for Amuwo Odofin and Apapa local government areas, also said that rather than resort to mudslinging, the APC should focus on issue based politics.  

Addressing the supporters, Agbaje decried the campaign of calumny against him orchestrated by the APC and the Lagos State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola. He described the governor’s allegation of tax evasion as false and a campaign of calumny based on fear of losing to the PDP. He said: “The more mud they throw at me, the cleaner I come out as you all know.  

The governor in one of the APC rallies had said that I am too old to govern the state whereas we are all in our 50s and I look younger than them. At another forum, he said I do not have experience to be a governor and I begin to wonder there where he got his own experience as governor before governing Lagos. I want you to know that governance is not about experience but qualification.”

No comments:

Post a Comment