Thursday 6 August 2015

Pastor Hijack n Divert Goods Worth Over N25 Million To Expand Church

A pastor and two other men were part of a robbery syndicate that was notorious for hijacking cargo trucks in Lagos and Ogun state.
Police operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) have apprehended a pastor and two other men for allegedly diverting a truckload of air conditioners valued at about N25 million.

Pastor Peter Iyasele, one of the suspects was arrested at Igando area after police mounted surveillance to track him while the other two, Anthony Ibiade, and Amas Debar

The pastor said in his confessional statement that he was a member of the group but that he opted out to invest the proceeds he got in transportation business.

“My name is Peter Iyesele, 56-year-old, I am married and I have four children. I am a pastor and I have a church along Badagry expressway.

“I was arrested at Igando bus-stop for participating in hijacking and diversion of goods worth over N25 million. I have been engaging in these operations for years but after a while I stopped and invested proceeds from the operations in transportation.

“I had made enough from series of operations in the past and I was doing well in my transportation business before I was duped by a woman,”

The pastor said he had re-joined the syndicate so as to get money to expand his church. A source reported that a tip-off from an unknown man spurred the SARS to investigate the claim. The trio had already transported the heavy duty truck to their warehouse in Ibadan.

It was reported that out of the 25 split air conditioners that were originally in the truck, only 23 were recovered.

Chris Ezike, the commissioner of police in charge of SARS revealed that Pastor Peter was the transporter while the other two did the hijacking. The fourth member, simply identified as Oliver was said to be on the run.

Meanwhile, two robbers were killed as they tried to escape from a robbery scene while two more escaped in Asaba, the Delta state.



Daily Trust


2 comments:

  1. Can't imagine what he preaches about in his fake church

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor oleeee

    ReplyDelete