Wednesday 6 July 2016

Allege Coup Against Jeremy Corbyn Triggers Death Threats

In a statement, Mr McKeever, a former Labour parliamentary candidate, said: "Many of you will have read posts on a blog suggesting a link between me, my workplace and the moves by Labour MPs in parliament. They have no basis in truth.
 "I've made my personal views clear on our party's leadership.
"I have, however, been silent for the past few days due to a hand-delivered death threat, suggesting I should be 'coxed', a reference to the murder two weeks ago of Labour MP, Jo Cox.
"On the advice of the police and in the interests of the personal safety of me, my family, I will not be commenting further.

"We have a Labour Party to return to after this mess. I hope we all reflect." 
A worker at the firm accused of "orchestrating" the coup against Jeremy Corbyn has been told he will be "coxed" in a reference to the murdered Labour MP Jo Cox.

Kevin McKeever, a partner at Portland Communications, was sent a death threat, hand-delivered to his offices, which said he was being watched and "your blood is the price of your treachery".

It signed off with the phrase "prepare to be coxed" and a smiley face.

Mr McKeever posted a picture of the note on his Facebook and Twitter account and said that for the safety of his family he would make no further comment on the allegations made against the firm.
Conspiracy theories surrounding the rebellion against the Labour leader started gathering pace after an article on a blog site last week.

They were given credence at the weekend by the union boss Len McCluskey. 
Mr McCluskey accused Mr McKeever's firm, Portland, of being a "sinister" Blairite organisation involved in trying to bring down Mr Corbyn.


1 comment:

  1. British politics is becoming bloody

    ReplyDelete