Monday 29 August 2016

“I've been in love with Rihanna since I was 22-years-old” - Drake

U.S singer and rapper Drake shower encomium on talented rnb singer Rihanna during his passionate speech as he presented the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award at the MTV Video Music Awards last night.
Drake began by telling the crowd they'd met 11 years ago and admitted he's been in love with her ever since. He recalled the first moment he met the Barbadian singer in 2005, while working as an extra on her "Pon de Replay" music video.

Drake said………………………………

“We love the music, which can change styles from album to album, "We love the videos which change their artistic vision from year to year. But most of all, we love the woman who hasn't changed from day one. "She's someone I've been in love with since I was 22-years-old. She's one of my best friends in the world. All my adult life, I've looked up to her, even though she's younger than me," he said as the crowd roared. "She's a living, breathing legend in our industry. Ladies and gentleman, the recipient of the 2016 Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award Rihanna!"

Rihanna then took the microphone and said………………………..
"This is such an amazing night. It's such an amazing moment in my career," "When I think about the Vanguard Award and receiving this tonight, all I could think of was my country. They're going to be so proud This is the first Vanguard to land anywhere close to my country."


She continued, "My success, it started as my dream. But now my success is not my own. It's my family's. It's my fans'. It's my country's. It's the Caribbean as a whole. It's women, it's black women. So many people feel like their little piece is such a major part of this puzzle. And I have to thank you guys for supporting me over and over!"


3 comments: