Tuesday 21 August 2018

Sixty-Year-Old First Time Bride n Seventy-Eight Year Old Grandpa

Happy married life to the latest couple! It was all song and dance at St Marks ACK Church in Murang'a County in Kenya, when a 78-year-old grand-father and 60-year-old woman walked down the aisle on Sunday, August 19. 
The ceremony was attended by friends, relatives and passersby who came to witness a spectacle of its kind as Ayub Mugo exchange marriage vows with Teresiah Njoki.
The Daily Nation on Sunday, August 20, reported that the Mugo conceded to have been living a lonely life for ten years but expressed certainty that the union will make him happy again.

Ayub Mugo (l) and her wife (r) Teresiah Njoki during their wedding ceremony on Sunday, August 19. They have no plan to sire children at all.
“In 2017 while on a private business in Thika town, I saw a woman who appeared very special to me, a strong feeling of love hit me and I decided to follow her,” Mugo said as he recollected how he meet his sweetheart.
He stated that he felt an inner voice telling him to pursue the woman as she could turn out to be someone special to him

“I stopped and asked her out for tea which she obliged. While at the restaurant, we exchanged phone numbers and an intimate conversation followed a few days later,” he added. 
After the first encounter, the grandfather of many says he knew beyond all doubt that he would soon bid bye to bachelorhood as strong love and affection was at the horizon.

“I knew she would fall in love with me because I kept on praying for her,” said Mugo adding that he called all his five children and informed them about his new love.

His children disclosed that they agreed to let him fall in love after he informed them of the undertaking he believed would go away in driving away boredom and loneliness that had largely weighed down on him.

“Old widowers and widows are at the risk of dying of loneliness and stress and I advise them to marry,” stated Mugo.

At first, the bride revealed she tried to resist the now prince charming but he became irresistible.

“I feel so happy; I had kept telling God to reveal to me the man he created for me. Despite old age, I have met him, I love him so much,” Njoki narrated after exchanging marriage vows.

The newlyweds were categorical that they had no intentions of having children together and their union was aimed at only giving them happy lives.
Mugo’s first born, Chege Waitara, 50, noted that all their family wanted was for their father to be happy adding that it was also fulfilling to have a new mother after a long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment