Saturday 3 November 2018

Yusuf Claims He Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m

Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Usman Yusuf, has claimed that he was suspended for refusing to release N975million to the Ministry of Health. 
Yusuf has made this known on Friday when he appeared before the House of Representatives panel investigating his suspension. 
He said his “refusal” to grant the request from the Health ministry “led to the setting up of a panel to probe me.” 

“And the panel delivered as the panelists were given N19 million, even the security too were given money,” he said..

He added: “Why was I suspended on October 18 and not 19th of October? The 18th of October was the day I was going to present a result of the forensic audit of the activities of HMOs. 

“Eighteenth of October was nothing but preemptive coup at the NHIS. It was a gang up to stop my fight against corruption. 

“These are all allegations that have been recycled. They were all investigated by the ICPC and EFCC; and they found nothing and I was cleared. They wrote to me clearing me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment