Thursday 7 March 2019

I don't see myself as less of a man - Pregnant Transgender

Image result for Wyley Simpson got pregnantImage result for Wyley Simpson got pregnant
A transgender man has opened up honestly on a particular issue that happened to him recently; something which is of global interest. The young man named Wyley Simpson got pregnant despite being a man and had a child whom he has named Rowan.
Wyley who is 28 years old discovered that he was pregnant for his fiance, Sephan Gaeth, in February 2018. At this time, he was still transitioning to be a man. At first, the very thought of getting pregnant as a man crippled him.

Given the fact that he had started testosterone in 2012 and had not been having the monthly period for many years after that, he did not believe it was possible for him to conceive. This caused him to feel a great level of unpreparedness when he discovered his pregnancy.

Even more, he received a lot of “judgement from strangers”. Despite all these, he and his partner decided to keep the pregnancy and go through with it.

Transgender who welcomes baby boy after years of being a man opens up on pregnancy journey
Wyley Simpson as a girl; Wyley Simpson as a pregnant man Source: Yahoo Finance

In September 2018, Wyley gave birth to a son, Rowan, through emergency C-section. But before the baby was born, it was a tug of war for the pregnant man. For one, he was terribly abused and insulted by many.

With regards to this, Wyley said: “It’s not every day that someone sees a pregnant man walking down the road so we received a fair amount of abuse. I would be told that I’ll never be a man, ‘men don’t carry babies’ and everyone called me ‘it’.”
Beyond this, the young man who still has female reproductive organs said the pregnancy also affected psychologically and emotionally. He said: “Having gone through the transitioning process since I was 21-years-old, having a physical baby bump was something so feminine that it messed with my head."

However, after baby Rowan came, all of Wyley's worries seemed to get quelled. Not only was he happy that he and his partner has a baby of their own, the initial worries about not being a man also died down.
“Once my physical bump had disappeared and I was able to take my hormones again, I felt good about everything,” he explained. “Now myself and Stephan are just revelling in fatherhood and can’t wait to continue our journey as a family.”

Despite their happiness over their first fruit, Wyley said he did not think he and his partner wanted another child. For this reason, he plans to fully transition into a male. Read his words below:
“I am looking to fully transition in the future, so the likelihood of having another child naturally is unlikely,” he said.

“It was a great feeling to be able to carry Rowan, feeling him kick and going to baby scans, but for me as a person, it isn’t something I can continue to do.”

“I don’t see myself as any less of a man because of what happened, but I just do not identify in such a feminine way as to be pregnant – so it won’t be happening again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment