Tuesday 15 January 2013

Heavily pregnant Shakira supports dad's book launch


A heavily pregnant Shakira stepped out on Monday night to attend the launch of At Wind And At Random, a book written by her father, William Mebarak.
Dressed in a black sparkly top, tight leggings and high heeled boots, Shakira was the centre of attention as she arrived at the presentation, which took place in Barcelona. And accompanying the expectant star was her boyfriend of two years, footballer Gerard Pique.

When the presentation was over, 35-year-old Shak - who wrote the foreword for the book - took to the stage and gushed about her dad, who is 81.

"In Barranquilla my dad isn't Shakira's father but rather I'm the daughter of William, and he's the best father life could possibly have given me. My cornerstone, my best friend, not only in my career but in my life," the singer said.

It was a real family affair at the launch as Shakira's mother Nidia Ripoll and brother Tonino were there. Also at the presentation were Gerard's parents, Joan and Montserrat Piqué Bernabeu and the president of the foundation Pies Descalzos, which is headed by the Colombian singer.

Last month, Gerard took to Twitter to
announce the birth of their baby boy. But while some fans rushed to offer their congratulations to the couple, others accused him of trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment