Wednesday 20 November 2013

“The pain is lack of freedom. You can’t do whatever you like” – Adepretty

Adeola Adelowotan, popularly known as Adepretty, is a graduate of Estate Management from Osun State College of Technology, Esa- Oke. In this interview with TAYO GESINDE, the estate surveyor turned actress, speaks on her love for acting and fashion preferences, among sundry issues.
Excerpts:

Foray into acting
 I worked with Adewale Fatokun & Co and Jide Akanni & Co Estate Surveyor and Valuer for some years after I graduated from Esa- Oke . When I got married, I resigned because I needed to join my husband in the United Kingdom (UK). It was while in the UK that I started acting. I joined Muka Ray Caucus.
The first movie I featured in was Omo Eniyan which was shot in Manchester City in the UK. I didn’t really face any challenge when I started because I was surrounded by people like Muka Ray, Lasun Ray and Iyabo Ojo who really helped me to grow in the industry. I have lost count of the number of movies I’ve featured in from 2009 till date. However, of all the films, Iyan Ogun Odun and Omo Gomina from Iyabo Ojo gave me fame.
Description of self
 I am a socialite. I am very passionate about fashion. I am very humble, respectful and loyal. I also have the fear of God.
Philosophy of life
 Believe in God, yourself and your dreams.
 Life as a business woman
 I am into a networking business of slimming drugs and herbal tea. I also sell goods like shoes, bags, dresses, wristwatches, sunglasses and so on.
 Definition of style
 I am passionate about looking good and sexy. I like fitted but short dresses. I don’t always follow fashion trends because I like to set my own trend. The kind of event I want to attend usually determines my mode of dressing. My style is sexy, mature and classy.
 Beauty regimen
 I bath twice daily and I take good care of my face and skin. I use Avon and Mary Kay products. I also moisturise my skin regularly to keep it glowing.
Favourite designers
 Zara and Rivers Island.
 Favourite perfumes
 I like Gucci and Active Woman by Chris Adams
 Choice of accessories
 I love Louis Vuitton bags and Alexandra Wang accessories.
 Favourite colours
 I like white, I love royal blue and I don’t toy with yellow. All three are my favourites.
 Accessories I can’t do without when going out
 Earrings, wristwatch and my wedding ring.
 Most expensive item in my wardrobe
 Gold jewellery and dresses.
 Opinion on toning
 It’s good to brighten our complexion, it brings out one’s beauty.
 On cosmetic surgery
 I don’t like it and I can’t do it. I don’t want to change any part of my body.
My take on provocative dressing
 I don’t really have provocative dresses. I make sure I dress in a mature way.
 Special treat
 I like to drink champagne and listen to music. I also go to any nice boutique to buy dresses, shoes, bags and perfumes.
 What I won’t be caught dead wearing
 A red dress or anything red.
 Keeping fit
 I keep fit by watching my diet.
My hair and nails
 I like fixing weave-on and acrylic powdered nails.
 Favourite pastimes
 Reading, listening to music, dancing and watching football.
Tattoo or piercing
 I just like tattoo.
 Greatest physical asset
 My face and my skin.
 Coping with advances from men
 I am always friendly so I don’t have any problem with that.
 Combining the home front with my acting career
 I thank God for the wisdom to combine the two. When I am home with my kids and my husband, I play the role of mother and wife. Anytime I am off to location, they know I am off for a reason and I have a housemaid that always gives me a helping hand. Moreover, my husband supports my career so, I have no problem.
Tackling celebrities’ divorce
 I think the solution to celebrities’ divorce is for the wives to be submissive to their husbands and be contented with what they have. Marriage is just about being able to manage each other.
Gains and pains of being a celebrity
 The gain is that one becomes famous and is respected by many. One also gets to meet a lot of influential people. The pain is lack of freedom. You can’t do whatever you like in the public.
Favourite holiday spot
 UK, because of the weather and also because my people are over there.
Negative publicity
I‘ve never had any. I am always myself.
Acting different roles
 I do not have bias for any particular role. I act any role I am given. But I can never act nude.
Advice to women on how to stay young and beautiful
 Keep fit at all times by doing exercises and dieting. Also, eat less; take lots of fruits and fluid. Take your bath twice daily and moisturise your skin with good moisturising creams.
To my fans
 Special thanks to my fans both home and abroad. Without you, Ade is nobody. I thank you all for your love and care.
I promise to give you all my best.

1 comment: