Governor Fayose
addressed the hunters hours after he banned cattle grazing in the state in
response to the killing of two people by suspected herdsmen.
Governor
Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State on Monday met with local hunters in the Oke-Ako
area of the state telling them to be battle ready to confront any Fulani
herdsman found grazing cattle anywhere in the state.
Mr. Fayose
said he would raise money for the hunters and give them vehicle to prepare for
the coming war.
The
transcript of the governor’s speech was sent to PREMIUM TIMES Monday by Lere
Olayinka, his special assistant on new media.
The governor
said, “Before leaving you today, I will raise for you(hunters) N2.5million,
Secondly, I will raise N2.5m again for the affected families.
“I want to
say it very clearly, everything you want me to do, I will do. Because the
moment you are not secured then I had better resigned as a governor.
“If I cannot
provide adequate security for you, it is better for me to leave this office.
The only reason you voted for me is because you know I am competent to do the
needful in circumstances like this.
Nobody will
take Ekiti away from us.

No comments:
Post a Comment