Wednesday 24 April 2019

Doctors are free to leave Nigeria, we have more than enough – Ngige


Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige has said doctors are free to leave Nigeria, as we have more than enough in the country.
Chris Ngige who was a guest on Channels TV Sunrise Daily stated that he is not bothered about the decision of medical doctors who choose to leave Nigeria to practice outside the country. 

He also added that the practice is not alien to Nigeria, pointing out to the fact that he was taught by Indians in secondary school. He said;

“I’m Not Worried, We Have Surplus (Doctors), if we have a surplus, we export. I was taught Biology and Chemistry by Indian teachers in my secondary school days.
“They are surplus in their country. We have a surplus in the medical profession in our country. I can tell you this. It is my area, we have excess. We have enough, more than enough, quote me.”

The minister also added that the exodus of medical doctors from the country does not amount to brain drain. He said;

“Those guys go there, they are better trained because of the facilities they have there. Eventually, I know a couple of them who practise abroad but set up medical centres back home. They have CAT scan, MRI scan which even the government hospitals cannot maintain. So, I don’t see any loss.

“Brain drain will only be inimical when for instance neurosurgeons travel and we don’t have neurosurgeons here.”

4 comments:

  1. I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any
    interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.

    In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a
    lot more useful than ever before. Hey would you mind letting me know which webhost you're using?
    I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a
    fair price? Many thanks, I appreciate it! It’s the best time to make some plans for the future
    and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if
    I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to
    this article. I want to read more things about it! http://dell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://buildyourownshedsite.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/ https://Buildyourownshedsite.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/ https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ The "blurred effect"
    is actually a plus, but an outstanding general guideline is usually to limit its use fot it of emphasizing movement.
    Guitar Tutor Books & DVDs - Go to Amazon or any
    music store and you will locate a bewildering variety of guitar instruction books and DVDs.
    Without a doubt, your family and friends are looking out for the perfect interest
    of your child.
    https://buildyourownshedsite.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrote this clever evaluate. Others & your neighbor had been just simply
    able to do some research with this. That we purchased your take hold of a magazine
    from our nearby study nevertheless i feel I just learned significantly more produced by publish.

    I'm fairly happy to find many of these fantastic
    advice appearing provided publicly nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! I simply want to give you a huge thumbs up for your excellent
    info you have right here on this post. I am
    coming back to your web site for more soon.

    ReplyDelete