Thursday 25 April 2019

NIPR Reiterates Need To Set Agenda Towards National Unity

Image result for NIPR Reiterates Need To Set Agenda Towards National UnityImage result for NIPR Reiterates Need To Set Agenda Towards National Unity
The Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) has reiterated the need for professionals to set an agenda for unity in the country. 
The Institute’s Vice President, Wale Adeniyi NIPR, reiterated this during a courtesy visit to the Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Mr Bayo Onanuga in Abuja.
Adeniyi who led the Local Organising Committee on the visit said they were in NAN to inform and seek partnership with the agency on the institutes’ up Coming 2019 Annual General Meeting/Conference.

He said the AGM would hold on May 2 in Abuja with the theme “Optimising Public Relations Strategies to Enhance National Cohesion.’’

“ This year we have taking stock of what is happening as a nation, we took a look at a build up towards our national elections and all the issues that played out during the elections,

“We looked at the various political actors who played up our divide; the North/South, Muslim/Christians, Hausa Yoruba Igbos, all these things that have divided us building up to the national elections.

“And, we are saying even after the national elections, there are still some voices here and there that tend to emphasise how divided or divisive we are.

“ And, we decided that during this AGM, we want to adopt a theme that will provide a rallying point for the unity and cohesion of Nigeria and that will try to emphasis those things that bring us together rather than those things that tend to divide us.

“ So, we have adopted a theme: Optimising Public Relations Strategies to Enhance National Cohesion.

“We believe it is about time that we bring the attention of professionals like Public Relations practitioners to seek PR narratives, PR activities, PR agenda that would rally Nigerians towards a national course, towards national unity.

“And to ensure we heal wounds that most have been thrown up by the elections, to ensure that we lay proper foundation for national reconciliation and national unity.’’

Adeniyi, who is also the Chairman of the AGM/Conference said the institute had confidence in the agency’s ability to project the national idle and celebrate what unites the country to lay a foundation for economic development.

He congratulated the managing director for taking NAN to a higher level and wished him the best of luck.
In his response NAN Managing Director, described the theme as apt and should be supported by all Nigerians.

Onanuga noted that politicians used ethnicity and religion to cause divides among citizens to dodge accountability and responsibly”. 
“ It is high time as you are doing, to begin to highlight the dangers of divisive politics that we do in our country.

“The wish of every Nigerian is for this country to remain united and we can really and harness the potential God has given us to become a great country, that God has destined this country to be and I want to wish your AGM a very huge success.

He said the agency was willing to support the NIPR and its activities in fulfilling its mandate.

8 comments:

  1. I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet visitors, its really really good post on building up new blog.
    I’ll immediately seize your rss as I can not to find
    your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Kindly let me realize so that I may
    subscribe. Thanks. Ahaa, its nice dialogue regarding this article here at this blog, I have read all that, so now
    me also commenting at this place. http://aoc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery to
    go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Tx!

    Just wanted to say keep up the great work! Hi, I do think this
    is a great web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I will come back
    yet again since i have bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may
    you be rich and continue to guide other people.
    You have made some really good points there.
    I checked on the internet for more info about the
    issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.
    http://dell.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you make this web site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my own site and would love
    to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is named.
    Kudos! Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to this web site before but after going through some of the
    posts I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m certainly pleased I found it and I’ll be book-marking it
    and checking back often! These are in fact great
    ideas in on the topic of blogging. You have touched some fastidious points here.

    Any way keep up wrinting. http://goodreads.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ https://buildyourownshedsite.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/ https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ https://buildyourownshedsite.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/ The "blurred effect" might
    be a plus, but an excellent general guideline is always to limit its use
    fot it of emphasizing movement. As the latest member of Toy Story series, the movie tells the story plot of how Woody leads his squad to obtain clear of
    day-care center to obtain back to Andy. WHERE TO BUYBuying an acoustic guitar from the physical retail music store lets you .

    https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was
    a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate? It is appropriate time
    to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I have read this submit and if I may just I desire to suggest you some
    interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to
    this article. I want to read more issues approximately it!
    Howdy! This article couldn't be written any better!
    Looking at this post reminds me of my previous
    roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I am going to send this
    post to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read.
    Thank you for sharing! http://tagomi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you , I’ve been recently seeking knowledge about the matter for ages and even one is the greatest I've noted over
    right until presently. Then again, what with regard to the realization? Think you're impressive concerning the quantity?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I
    stumbleupon everyday. It's always helpful to read through articles from other writers and use something from other
    websites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this
    superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding
    your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will
    talk about this website with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete