Friday 24 May 2019

”I’m not looking at Dillian anymore, I’m looking at Wilder, cos he’s got the belt,” Anthony Joshua

The IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight champion  Anthony Joshua will be defending  his belts against Andy Ruiz Jr on June 1, live on Sky Sports Box Office, has reiterated that Deontay Wilder is his “main objective” so Dillian Whyte will have to wait for a rematch.
Dillian Whyte was running to become Joshua’s next opponent and avenge the only loss of his career which he sustained in late-2015 with the British title on the line. 

After knocking out Derek Chisora last December, Whyte was considered as a challenger for Joshua’s world titles but couldn’t agree a deal. Whyte will instead fight the unbeaten Oscar Rivas on July 20, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Joshua told Sky Sports that. “I’m not looking at Dillian anymore, I’m looking at Wilder, because he’s got the belt. Dillian Whyte had his opportunity to fight me April 13.he had a chance to fight for the titles, he felt it was a low-ball offer, he wants to build his value and compete against Rivas. ”

However, Wilder then said about fighting Joshua: “It’s going to happen, it will happen. I believe in all my heart it will happen. I don’t want this to be a Lennox [Lewis] and [Riddick] Bowe situation, I definitely don’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment