Friday 16 August 2019

The Word "Revolution" Carries Weight - By Kemi Jinadu

Omoyele Sowore was trending online not too long ago. Many are aware of the former presidential candidate’s arrest by the DSS.
Well I must admit during the last presidential election, Omoyele Sowore was not my favourite presidential candidate not because he was the wrong candidate or he was not good enough.

The reason was that there were some ambiguities in Sowore’s manifesto, for example making minimum wage N100k in a problematic country like Nigeria was just not feasible to me.
How the presidential candidate of African Action Congress (AAC) Sowore was going to achieve this minimum wage of N100k which was one of his goals was ambiguous to me.
Yes we want change though nobody is perfect but the presidential candidate has to prove his worthiness.

I must admit that I admire Sowore’s bravery, courage and boldness to contest for the presidential election in regardless of not belonging to the usual clique of politician.
Sowore’s valour is credible, he is not just talking the talk, but attempting to put the change he wanted into act in regardless of the obstacle in the way.
Many of us Nigerians love the talk, the debates but how many of us make a move for change?

When I heard Sowore was arrested my first reaction was why? I wanted to have a clear understanding of why the Unilag graduate was arrested.
While I was looking out for a valid reason, the state security services (DSS) spoke person Mr Peter Afunaya released a statement as to why Omoyele Sowore was arrested.
According to Peter Afunaya, Omoyele Sowore used the word “revolution,” which according to him means insurgent, revolt, rebel, uprising and insurrection.

What is the meaning of revolution? According to the dictionary the word Revolution means a forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system.
Many will agree with me that most activists in Nigeria have used this word “Revolution” loosely and carelessly to emphasis a message or point.


How much weight the word "revolution" carries and how many meanings this word could be interpreted into can be proven in court if Sowore is charged.
Remember English is certainly not our first language.
Some argued that our current president Mohammadu Buhari once used this word before he became our president.
Others argued that Buhari threatened the past government during election of blood bath, if the election result was rigged.
So if we are to go by the above it can be argued that President Buhari is also guilty of the same offence Sowore was accused of.

If this is true Buhari was not arrested for his careless utterance; what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Also Peter Afunaya stated that Sowore’s cohort will want to rise and threaten the peace and unity of Nigeria our country.

I mean talking on behalf of those people who live in the East, South West, Ondo, Ekiti state area, where is the peace and unity?

Peter Afunaya stated that Sowore has threatened public safety, and our peaceful co-existence and social harmony, really?
Mr Afunaya stated that there was apprehension citizens are worried about their safety and what will happen next. Again really?

As far as I am concerned citizens have being worried and scared about safety before Sowore’s declaration of revolution protest.

Peter stated that Sowore pose as a threats of sabotage, threats of subversion, threats of terrorist, espionage and ethnic agitation. Really?

By my understanding and till date there has never been any report or crime record of murder or killings committed by Omoyele Sowore.

So those shooting and killing road travellers all over Nigeria especially in the Eastern and Southern part pose as what?

Also those killing farmers with machete and AK 47 as they rear their livestock, while their cattle, sheep, cows, and rams eat up everything on the farm pose as what?
Another faction of the notorious insurgent that have killed so many house owners along express and dual carriage ways then occupied the innocent civilian houses pose as what?

Last but not the least the perpetual killing by disreputable rebels in the North, especially in places like Maiduguri and Borno pose as what?

This swift move against Sowore shows the Federal government can act and protect its citizens, if they really want to against any form of terrorism.

Which brings me to the question why quick action has not been exercise toward the Fulani herdsmen and boko haram who has being disrupting, killing, maiming and causing unrest in some part of Nigeria?

I thought the government are suppose to eradicate and arrest leviathans, the same energy and efficiency exercised towards Sowore should also be deployed on a larger scale towards those notorious insurgent and herdsmen.

To be continued…………………………………..



Written by Kemi Jinadu
Subject to Copywright

7 comments:

  1. kemi I missed your writing nice writeup and please continue don't stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope Sowore has a backup plan, when you come out like that you must have a plan B

    ReplyDelete
  3. You spoke well dear kemo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know wһether it's just me or iif everybody else encօuntering
    problems with your website. It ɑppearѕ ⅼike some of the
    text in our posts are running off the screen. Caan someone else
    please provide feedbaⅽk and lett me know if this is happening tօ them as well?
    This might be a issue wirh my ihternet browser because I've had this happen previoᥙsly.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heуa i'm for the first time here. I cme аcrosѕ this boarⅾ
    ɑnd I to find It really helpful & itt helped me out much. I am
    hoping to give one thing back and һelp ߋthers likе y᧐u ajdeԁ
    me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My partner and I stumЬled oᴠcer here from a diffeent page and thought I might check tһings
    oᥙt. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to going over yoսr web page for a seⅽond time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello evеryone, it's my first visit at this weƄ
    page, and piece of writing is genuinely fruitfuⅼ for me, keeр up posting
    these types ߋf content.

    ReplyDelete