Wednesday 10 December 2014

'I thought I was smuggling hemp and not guns' - Robbers

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a suspected robber, Amos Kuesi, who said he thought he was smuggling hemp and not guns before he was arrested.
He told reporters
“I travelled to Port Harcourt to see some friends. I went with Sotin. On our way back, I was given a package and I was told it contained hemp. I was asked to deliver it to a man in the Mile 2 area of Lagos. I did not know the Port Harcourt boys also hid guns and live cartridges inside the bag.

“The bag was placed in the boot of the bus I boarded from Port Harcourt to Lagos. If only I knew the content of the bag included guns, I would not have agreed to deliver it
. They gave me the man’s phone number adding that he would pay me N50,000.
“But while heading for Oshodi through Agege, some policemen searched us. Sotin ran away, but the policemen arrested me.“I used to work as a generator repairer. I was living fine until some months ago when I ran into financial difficulties. That was how I was introduced to the gang by one Ifeanyi. I knew them as casual friends. I did not know they were robbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment