Wednesday 29 July 2015

“Obasanjo very cunning, Tinubu clever, Yaradua saved my life, came out of detention with only N500” - Alamieyeseigha

In a recent interview with Vanguard Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, former Bayelsa state governor, reveal how late president Umaru Yar’Adua had saved his life.
Currently the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, he explained why he considered Nigeria’s former president Olusegun Obasanjo cunning and All Progressives Congress national leader Bola Tinubu clever.

When asked if the wave of defections would affect the PDP in the upcoming governorship election in the state, the politician responded:

“Again, I think our people need to be educated, I can tell you that I was one of them in 2003 that formed Action Congress. At that time, it was becoming clear that President Olusegun Obasanjo, was going to chase most of us out of PDP, so we came together. About 18 of us. We said let us register a party and keep it in case President Obasanjo pushed us out of the party. We can have a platform to actualize our dream.

“Also at that time, Obasanjo had cajoled the Southwest governors out of their seats. He deceived them. Bola Tinubu was very clever, he foresaw what Obasanjo was trying to do, so he was the only one that survived because the agreement was that all the Southwest governors should all support him so that he will return them as governors for second term.
Obasanjo’s election came first and he deceived them. Obasanjo himself, very cunning, formed Accord Party. When you hear of Accord, it’s Obasanjo’s party.”

Recalling his past experience, the former governor said that life taught him many important lessons. He also noted that a good leader never expects “comfort all the time”.

“So many things happened anytime I sit down and recollect some of these things I laugh over them. I thank God, I would not have been here talking to you, I would have been a dead man because several attempts were made to eliminate me. But thank God I am alive today and I also thank late President Umaru Yar’Adua, who saw it coming and called as a president and saved my life.

 “He said ‘Ganuwa Katsina’ they will kill you, if you think anything will happen nothing will happen. He said weeks after your death, your people will make noise. After, it is the same your people that will send CV’s for appointment and that will be the end of you.

This Nigeria, don’t argue with anybody, if it requires removing your dress so to set yourself free come out of it. I did not sign any paper that set me free, they signed everything by themselves, they took everything I had, I came out of detention with only N500. Everything I had since I was born was taken away from me.”

It was reported yesterday that £5 million looted by Alamieyeseigha was returned. Nigeria High Commissioner to UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida made this known over the weekend saying that the fund was returned though the Commission in London.


2 comments:

  1. OBASANJO BI CUNNING OLOBGURO MAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You disgraced naijas in London

    ReplyDelete