Monday 17 August 2015

“Code of Silence” Premiere At Silverbird Galleria

The premiere movie which focuses on the subject of rape was well- attended by stars from the showbiz industry.
The movie is Emem Isong’s second directorial effort and it features a newcomer, Makida Moka who played the  lead character Adanma, Patience Ozokwor, Ini Edo, Omoni Oboli, Amechi Muonagor, Kofi Adjorlolo, Desmond Elliot and Shawn Faqua.

The premiere of another Nollywood blockbuster, Code of Silence, took place on Friday, August 8, at Silverbird Galleria, Victoria Island, Lagos amidst much fanfare.

An anti-rape advocacy tool, “Code of Silence” written by Bola Aduwo tells the story of Adanma, a young and promising medical student who is raped by a local politician with near devastating consequences for all concerned. Makida Moka gives a good account of herself as the young girl whose world fell apart as a result of psychological and emotional trauma.

Code of Silence was produced by Royal Arts Academy in collaboration with Nollywood Workshop. Speaking about the movie, talented film-maker, Emem Isong, said the movie is a good advocacy vehicle and a timely one too for calling attention to the growing cases of sexual violence as well as the stigmà and silence that attends it.

“Sometimes, I do advocacy movies and code of silence is one of such movies. I decided to do a movie on rape to urge people to come out and say ‘NO’ to rape. Let’s break the code of silence.

We want to break the assumption that the victim is at fault. The story actually found me because my friend brought the story to me and when I read it, I realised that I had a good one. It’s a 20 million budget movie. I decided to work with these cast because I’ve worked with most of them and I felt they would interprete the roles properly.” 

The star studded event was graced by Omoni Oboli, Keppy Ekpeyong, Amanda Ebiye, Rukky Sanda, I.K Ogbonna, Linda Ejiofor, Shawn Faqua, Makida Moka, Bola Aduwo, Bolanle Ninalowo and many others. Code of Silence is showing in cinemas nationwide. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment