Thursday 30 June 2016

Nigerian Migrant Sogo Akintaro Graduated Cambridge University With 1st Class Degree

sogo-akintaro1
Nigerian migrant Sogo Akintaro recently graduated from Cambridge University with a first class degree in Economics. Thumbs up!
On his Facebook page on June 26 2016 , Akintaro wrote:
“Being a first generation migrant, a black male living on a council estate in South London, it’s fair to say that I wasn’t ‘supposed’ graduate from Cambridge University with a First Class degree in Economics.

If you know my journey, you’d know that it hasn’t been an easy one. I’m blessed and fortunate to have a strong support network around me. Those who made me believe anything was possible.

My mother has sacrificed everything to provide me with the opportunities I’ve had. She’s my rock. Nevertheless, I can’t help but believe there’s been divine intervention through-out this journey.
This is not just an achievement for me and my family, but also to those on the ends going through struggles. Not everyone is dealt a good hand at life, but we can hustle to better it. Make your family proud.
This is only the beginning.”‪

According to UK media, “statistically this does not often happen. He defied statistics, He did NOT allow his environment dictate his future and he worked hard.”


4 comments: