Thursday 25 April 2019

Boko Haram Received Training Within n Outside Africa – Defence Minister

Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Mansur Dan-Ali has stated that Boko Haram received training from larger terrorist networks within, outside Africa.
According to the Defence Minister who presented a paper on regional security at the 8th conference on international security in Moscow, Russia, Boko Haram terrorists  have killed many innocent citizens.

However much of their network has been destabilized by sustained counter-insurgency operations by Nigeria and other countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission.

He said:
“There is the worrisome rise in terrorism and insurgency on the African continent with specific reference to the Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Basin countries, Al-Shabaab in Somalia and Kenya, and the Islamic State in Mali. Since 2009, Nigeria has been combating terrorism engendered by the Islamic sect called Boko Haram.

“…The economic and developmental progress made by Africa is threatened by setbacks owing to traditional security concerns such as insurgency, armed conflicts, food insecurity, migration, economic crisis and political instability.

“Perhaps a greater security concern for the African region is the emergence of new security issues such as terrorism, militancy, piracy, cultism, political and electoral violence. Others are the growing youth involvement in substance and drug abuse, refugees and Internally Displaced Persons situation occasioned by conflicts, unemployment and poverty.”

4 comments:

  1. I’ll right away take hold of your rss feed as
    I can’t find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter
    service. Do you have any? Please allow me understand so
    that I may just subscribe. Thanks. Thank you for the good writeup.
    It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how could we communicate? Ahaa, its pleasant dialogue concerning this piece of writing
    here at this web site, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.
    http://Cspan.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will immediately seize your rss as I can not find your
    email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please permit me know in order that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks. Ahaa, its good dialogue regarding this piece
    of writing at this place at this website, I have read all that, so at this time me
    also commenting here. I simply couldn't leave your
    website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard
    info a person provide to your guests? Is gonna be again steadily
    to check out new posts http://pepsi.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.
    I need to to thank you for this wonderful read!!
    I definitely loved every bit of it. I've got you book marked to look at new
    stuff you Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It's the little changes that make the most significant changes.
    Many thanks for sharing! http://alienware.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad to glance at this webpage posts which consists of
    tons of helpful facts, thanks for providing such
    information.

    ReplyDelete