Sunday 20 January 2013

My footballer husband buys provocative dresses for me – Bose Alao


Bose Alao Omotoyossi, an actress, producer, model and businesswoman, is married to Nigerian footballer, Rasaq Omotoyossi, who plays for  Zamalek FC, Cairo. In this interview with TAYO GESINDE, the mother of three, who is also a Business Administration student of Lagos City Polytechnic, speaks on her fashion preferences. Excerpts: 

Growing up.
Hmm! Growing up was fantastic as I was born with a silver spoon.  I was born into the family of seven and I happened to be the fourth child and last girl, so, I was pampered. In fact, I was daddy's best friend, but after his death, mum became my closest friend. I went to a boarding school from age 11-16.  Growing up was so much fun, I give glory to God for that.
Educational background.
I went to Command Children School, Mile 2, Lagos,  for my primary school, then proceeded to Gideon Comprehensive High School. I got admission to the University of Lagos, (UNILAG)where I studied Biology for three and a half years, but defered my admission when I conceived. I couldn't go back to complete my course at Unilag because I had multiple babies but I started all over again at the Lagos City Polytechnic. I am now a National Diploma Student of Business Administration.
Foray into acting.
I started acting when I was nine year-old, but professionally, it is 12 years now. It is what I love to do, I've got passion for it. My first major role was in Itakun, a movie by Muyideen Salsiliu. I have also featured in movies like Omo Iyami, Ife Foju, Mo nbowa Olorun, Aye Jobele, Ale Ariwo, Agbalamo, Owo O Mago and so on. The challenges I faced were, having to go to locations without being called and ending up not working or appearing in few scenes. There were times when I was not paid a kobo.
Personal philosophy of life.
Do good, be strong, be understanding and always apply logic.
Description self.
I am half-nice, half-naughty and fun to be with. I can't keep friends for long. I love to be myself and above all, I'm unique.
Definition of style.
Hmm! I wear anything I'm comfortable in. I love wearing whatever brings out the celebrity in me.  I sometimes follow fashion trend, especially if it is not too crazy. Most times, my mood depends on what I wear.
Beauty regimen.
 I brush my teeth, bathe and wash my face often. I apply make-up and that is it. I use Mac and Mary Kay beauty products.
Choice of accessories.
I wear accessories but not all the time. I love Aldo accessories; bags, shoes and so on.
Favourite designers.
 I like Princess Latifat Lamolliate of Ravissant Mode int'l and Yomi Casual.
Favourite perfumes.
YSL, Midnight Fantasy and Kenzo .
Favourite colour.
Pink.
Opinion on toning.
 I see it as something that has to do with choice. I guess it is good to tone up if you are light in complexion, but really, it depends on individuals.
On cosmetic surgery.
 Personally, I don't like it, but  it also depends on individuals, if you like it,  go for it but as for me, I can't go under the knife for anything. 
Special treat.
 Hmmm, I get myself nice dresses not minding the price. I also go for nice shoes and make-up too. For me, spoiling myself has to do with shopping.
Provocative dressing.
Well, I guess those who wear it are comfortable in it, so my opinion can't change anything. As a matter of fact, I wear stuffs like that too. The funniest part of it is that my husband buys them for me so, I guess it depends on individuals and how good you feel when you wear such dresses.
What I won't be caught dead wearing.
I wear anything.
Most expensive item in my wardrobe.
That should be my wedding dress.
Secret of beauty.
Happiness is the secret of my beauty. I try to be happy no matter what I am going through.
Coping with male fans.
I handle them with maturity and keep some of them as friends.
Tattoo or piercing.
None of the above oo! I don't like them at all. I can never pierce or tattoo my body. I am not saying that it is not good but personally, I don't like them.
Combining the home front with my career.
Well, as a matter of fact, I stepped down my acting career to take care of the home front, but I think at this juncture, my spouse is now convinced that  I can do both!  It is not easy, but with God, all things are possible. I'm progressing in my career and my home is fine.
Footballer husband.
I got married to my footballer husband, Rasaq Omotoyossi five and a half years ago. He plays for Zamalek FC, Cairo. We are blessed with three children.
Relaxation.
 I don't smoke, drink or go to clubs. One of my husband's  friends always says, bawo lo se nse aiye e?( how do you unwind). Relaxation for me is staying in doors, gisting and telling my kids stories. I also read novels and play music at home.
Keeping in shape.
I do nothingIn fact, I eat a lot. I am just thinking of starting an exercise regimen so as to keep fit.
Advice to women on how to stay young and beautiful.
As I said earlier, happiness is the key. When you are happy at all times, it will definitely reflect on your  skin. Happiness is not about having millions or billions, it is about being contented. About staying young! I don't know because I am a baby o! But to remain a baby, be happy always.
What I will like to change about myself.
Nothing. I'm  okay with the way I am.
Greatest physical asset.
My eyes are my greatest physical assets. Though it is not clear enough but I love the colour, it is sparkling brown and how I squint them off glasses. It looks as if I wear contact lens.
My likes and dislikes.
I'm so unpredictable I don't have likes and dislikes. But I like surprises.
My hair and nails.
I like fixing (adding hair extensions) and adding artificial nails, I'm comfortable in both long and short nails because my real nails are not strong naturally and don't grow.
To my fans.
I love them all and I am begging them to support me till I get there, Bose Alao Omotoyossi will always love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment