Thursday 28 March 2013

I'll never disclose what killed Rashidi Yekini - Mum

Nigerian star, Rashidi Yekini died on Friday, May 4, 2012 but his lawyer, Mohammed Olanrewaju has accused the player's mother, Sikiratu claiming that the septuagenarian's hands were not clean in her son's death.
Supersport.com sat down with Sikiratu Yekini in Ijagbo, Kwara State where she exclusively opened up on the demise of his son.
What was your son's problem before he died? It was his wife (Adeola Akanni) that came to us that her husband was acting strange, and when we got to Ibadan, we met him burning some of his properties before he later went to the street to distribute thousands of naira to beggars and I felt bad with what I saw. I informed some of our family members on my son's condition and they promised to come the next day, which they did. They advised that we should seek spiritual help for him considering how he was behaving. Did you forcefully take him to herbalists in Ibadan during his ordeal? I did not take my son to (any) herbalists, I only called some Islamic leaders to pray for him as what was wrong with him will never come out from my mouth as it would be disastrous for me as a mother.
Rashidi's Mum
Why did you not take him to the hospital for proper recommendation and care? We took him there, but he left angrily and locked himself up in his room for two days. Was your son healed by your attempts to help him spiritually before he died? No, he died in the struggle. Was his lawyer allowed to see him during his time of trouble? We never knew that my son had changed his lawyer, and we did not see anybody when we were running around to save him (Yekini), but a man showed up after his death claiming that he was Yekini's lawyer. He said the former lawyer that we all know has been fired as he came with my son's wife, Patricia.
Did you have any disagreement with your son over an estranged child brought into your family leading to your son saying that he won't visit or assist you anymore before he died? That day was a Friday afternoon after returning from mosque, not quite long when a pregnant lady came crying that my son had refused to accept her, claiming she has been looking for how to reach me since the trouble started between her and my son. I pitied her condition as a woman who also went through pains before giving birth. I told her to sit down not knowing that she would give birth the same day. After she was successfully delivered (of a baby), I called my son and explained to him, and he was angry and said that I should have sent her away, but I told him about her condition and we settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment