Monday 23 December 2013

"I don’t tow the path of scandal, I am allergic to bullshit" - Bisola Olajide

Bisola Olajide, a graduate of Mass Communication from Bayero University, Kano, is a Nollywood actress. In this Interview with TAYO GESINDE, the Ibadan indigene who has spent over a decade in the movie industry speaks on how she has been combining the home front with her career and her fashion preferences. Excerpts:

Growing upGrowing up was good. I grew up in a family of five. I am the first child and the only girl. However, I was not pampered at all, much was expected from me by my mum, I did the cooking and other household chores alone. She used to say to me then that; "you know you are a female. So you have to do household chores not because of today but because of the future. And I thank God that everything she taught me then came in handy today as I do not have any problem taking care of my family and home. I am from Oyo State, Ibadan to be precise. I attended Comfort Nursery and Primary School, Ibadan, then proceeded to Ikolaba Grammar School, also in Ibadan. For my university education, I attended Bayero University, Kano (BUK), where I studied Mass Communication.

Foray into acting
I picked up interest in acting when I was in secondary school and later decided to pursue it. I have been in the industry for over 10 years now but, it was on and off at first because I had to go to school and also had to settle down and have babies. I trained with Alhaji Adedayo Adeniyi’s Age productions in Ibadan. I’ve lost count of the number of movies I had featured in but the one that gave me fame is titled"Oju Aye re."

Philosophy of life
I believe life is simple and good. So, I take things as they come because if one thing doesn't work out, another one would. I don’t believe you have to be aggressive to be successful in life. As a matter of fact, if you are too aggressive, people will run away from you. Aggressiveness won’t determine your success in life; it is only the Almighty who does. If God is yet to say Amen to your prayers, there is nothing you or anyone can do about it. So, being aggressive is out of it.
Description of selfWell, it is people who know me that can describe the kind of person I am. So, I will just say that I am a cool headed person who doesn't like trouble at all. I am a lovable mother to my kids, a sweetheart to my husband and a good child to my parents. I am also one in a million to my friends.

Definition of style
I wear anything that I find suitable and that makes me feel comfortable. I don't buy things that are in vogue rather, I follow my heart and buy what I know will look good on me. Whenever I am going for an event, I wear whatever I know is suitable for that event.

Beauty regimen
I don't have any beauty regimen that I follow. I use Iman and Mary kay beauty products for my body and face. I really don't make up except I’m on set or I’m going for an event. I do manicure and pedicure regularly. I maintain my skin by rubbing cream on it and also by eating lots of fruits.

Choice of accessories
I go for any beautiful and lovely accessory I can lay my hands on.

Favourite designer
I love Atmosphere


Favourite perfume
D&G.
Favourite colour
Blue because it is cool.

Accessories I can't do without when going out
My watch and wedding band.

Most expensive item in my wardrobe
I can't say.

Opinion on toning
Well, it depends on an individual. I believe one can tone a bit but bleaching is not good. Since I am fair complexioned I can tone a bit.

On cosmetic surgery
There is nothing I’d like to change about myself. I am contented with the way I am so, cosmetic surgery is out of it for me.

Opinion on provocative dressing
I don’t wear clothes that expose my boobs and navel. Call me old skool if you like. For those who dress provocatively, I believe that is what they understand fashion to be but as for me, I don’t believe that you have to dress provocatively to be trendy or fashionable. Yes, some actresses wear them but I don’t.

Special treat
When I want to pamper myself, I relax by reading and watching films. I also take whatever I feel like taking at that particular point in time and sometimes, I go for facials.

What I won’t be caught dead wearing
Pant and Bra.

Keeping in shape
I do exercises and also watch what I eat.

Fashion icons
I love Rita Dominic and Genevieve Nnaji's tastes in fashion.

My hair and nails
I don’t do anything special to them. I just ensure that they look simple and nice.

Tattoo or piercing
I like both. In actual fact, I have tattoo on my body.

Greatest physical asset
My face is my greatest physical asset. I think it is beautiful.

Combining the home front with your career
It has been God. He is the one that has been helping me all the way. Also, the fact that my husband is in support of my career has been of great help. In fact, my husband is my backbone. He doesn’t feel bad when I act romantic roles because he knows that I am not loose.

Coping with advances from men
I take them as my admirers and just see them as casual friends. If anyone of them tries to go beyond his boundary by becoming too persistent, I cut him off.

Pains and gains of being a celebrity
Well, one of the pains is that you can't do what a normal person can do on the street because of your celebrity status. Also, your private life is monitored by almost everybody. The gain however is that fame opens a lot of doors for us.

Favourite holiday spot in the world
No particular place yet.

Negative publicity
None because I don’t tow the path of scandal.

Advice for women on how to stay young and beautiful
They should eat lots of fruits, think less and do a lot of exercises. That would definitely make them stay young and beautiful.

Secret of my beauty
God.

Likes and dislikes
I like people who say the truth at all times. I hate lies and I am allergic to bullshit.

Role I can’t act
No amount of money can make me act nude. This is due to the fact that money can't buy dignity.

Parting word to my fans
Well, I want to thank them for their love, and may the love of God not depart from them too. They should please continue to love me. I want them to know that I love them too because without them, there won't be me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome,
    great written and come with approximately
    all significant infos. I'd like to look more posts like this .


    Take a look at my blog - calitecbolivia.com

    ReplyDelete