Tuesday 30 August 2016

“I accepted my first script in four years many wondered why the break” – Funke Adesiyan

Funke Adesiyan on set with OleyoImage result for funke adesiyan
Popular Yoruba actress Funke Adesiyan who went off the acting scene for a while recently announced her comeback to acting Instagram page.
She wrote:

“Today, I accepted my first script in four years! Many friends, family and fans have wondered why I decided to take a break from my hobby, sometimes you just have to develop yourself on some new frontier.”

The actress explains what had been taking her time while she was away from movie making. She wrote: “I went into charitable causes, business, politics and agriculture. In this little while, God has breathed into my existence. You have not started living until you did something for people who have nothing to give you in return and touch their lives privately, not for social media likes.”

She also addressed the issue of celebrity showing off their ‘charity work” on social media. She said: “God commands us to give to the right hand without the left knowing. I bless God for the lives he has used me to touch and even though I didn’t give birth to the beautiful kids he has blessed me with, your success at school always keep me going. I don’t have to announce you, your success will announce me. I love you.”

Adesiyan contested for a seat in Oyo state House of Assembly. She wanted to represent Ibadan South East Constituency II and I as a PDP aspirant but loss at the primary.

While on leave of acting, after she had lost in politics, Adesiyan also took time to attend the New York Film Academy. 
Recently, celebrated actor Jide Alabi staged a comeback to acting after six years absence.




1 comment: