Thursday 6 June 2019

“Why I stopped going to church” – Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz reveals why he stopped going to church during a recent interview. He identifies as an atheist who believes in spirituality over religion.

Falz during an interview with Silverbird Television reveals why he does not go to church.
He said;
“I’m not an atheist. I believe there is a God. But I believe in spirituality over religion.”

“I have nothing against the church or going to church. Everyone has the right to practice the religion they desire. It has been a while that I have been to church. It does not make me less of a Christian,” Falz had said in reaction.

“The reason is that I went to a few churches and, during sermons, I was put under undue pressure. There was a time that a pastor called me to the altar just to acknowledge my presence for being in church.

“In my mind, I felt that the service was not about me. I felt that everybody was there to worship God, yet they were putting undue pressure on me. The pastor gave me the microphone to address the congregation and I was puzzled; what did he expect me to say to the congregation?”
On the criticisms that greeted the release of the album, Falz said,

“My songs are always going to be heard. The world is a lot smaller now; it only takes one post and it’s everywhere regardless of the attempts by powers that be to try to stop stuff here and there.”

“If you’re making this kind of music, you have to always be ready for the worst. Of course, ‘This is Nigeria’ was banned. We’re still in court. But I have my fundamental rights so you can’t really stop that regardless of what body you are.”

Recall that Falz’s mother, Funmi Falana had complained about his persistence absence from church services, after his 2019 debut album was released. 
“Folarin, you don’t go to church and I am bothered. I hope you would start going to church this year,” Fumi said.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally
    got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx!
    Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!
    I am sure this article has touched all the internet
    visitors, its really really nice paragraph on building up new webpage.
    It is perfect time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to
    be happy. I’ve learn this submit and if I could I want to suggest
    you few attention-grabbing issues or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles referring to this article.
    I want to learn more things about it! http://goodreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the
    screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something
    to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
    The style and design look great though! Hope you get
    the issue fixed soon. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. All
    the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty pleased to discover this site. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!!
    I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you
    saved to fav to check out new things in your site.

    ReplyDelete