Friday 18 June 2021

"The Attack" - By K Jinadu

One cannot help but wonder how atrocious, malicious and selfish the hearts of some people are.  This will be the third time I had to experience this vicious act, the thought of how the issue was resolved the first time became perceptible in my memory.  The frustration of going about resolution, the excruciating pain and anger re-emerged; so fresh seemed like the first encounter with the malevolence of the world just occurred.   Talktokemi

The process of resolution to this appalling situation was not only time consuming, but emotionally straining although it will be resolved after a period of time, it requires some patience, endurance and tolerance. 

An associate called to inform me that when she searched for my blog/website online a different website comes up; I searched for talktokemi a number of website became evident on Google except the website I hoped to see.

Sighed! “Not again.”

A particular website took the place of my blog (cutestat), when my blog name was searched on Google, according to my findings most people would type (Talktokemi); a web link with the name Talktokemi will pop up exactly in form of my webpage, going further navigated readers into a different monetised website (cutestat).     My blog/website (talktokemi) was redirected; sneaky redirection, doorway pages, cloaking are against Google guidelines.

The perpetrators were clever enough to engage the viewers with false, demeaning and disreputable content about the blog/website they held captive.

If I sell on my website/blog (Talktokemi), nobody would want to patronise me by the time they finish reading the deceitful analysis.

False in depth detailed analysis of my blog was posted on (Cutestat), the presentation about the number of viewers, how often I updated or visited my blog was in no way appealing or inviting.  Apparently the last time I visited my blog/website (Talktokemi) according to the fabricated analysis on the deleterious website was over one year and seven months ago.

To add insult to injury according to this destructive website I updated and posted online from the United State (Texas), really?

Laughable, an understatement yet not funny to think somebody in God knows what part of the word would go as far as investing their time possibly to bring me down.

My website even had a worth and value as far as the fictitious content the brutish owner revealed on the demoralizing website, wow! 

Tolerance, an attitude you had no choice but to exude knowing fully well that the impersonator/scammer was feeding the innocent readers with false information just to engage them for some minutes when readers are trickily redirected to these devious sites.

The ultimate motive by the perpetrators was to dissuade readers from finding the authentic website or even bothering.

To endure at the time just demonstrated how much power the impersonator/scammer have over the owner and creator of their website for a period of time; which makes it more exasperating.

Sneaky redirection also affected my SEO negatively, not maximizing Google Search comes with the headache of being a victim of cyber-attack.

My first ordeal two years ago concerning the resolution of cyber-attack took some time before the web page was removed by Google after I reported the incident.

This time I was intrigued about the motive, I wanted to know what the intention was, what were the forces behind the disparaging conduct.

I had to calm all the way down and waited for resolution before I shared my experience in writing, writing in anger would not do the perpetrator and my reputation justice so I refrained.

After pondering on the situation I concluded it’s an act of wickedness, maybe jealousy but over what? Is millions been paid into my account?    

On second thought, jealous people are usually in secret competition over the smallest thing, counting others blessings wanting to be like them without knowing the struggles.

To start a blog is free on blogspot so anybody could blog or create a website if they desire to.

Blogging was just a way for me to escape sometimes, a hobby! In case the culprit stumble on this article.

A couple of years ago a renowned blogger in Nigeria experienced the same problem, at least this blogger was making so much money hence the jealousy and cyber-attack I understand to some extend not that I support the malicious act.

To think that this will happen again for the third time just shows how determined and cruel some people are.

The perpetrator could be in any part of the world including U K, U S; according to my research majority of the cyber-attackers are located in Asian and African countries including Nigeria.   Computer village in Lagos was mentioned as one of the notorious places for hackers and cyber-attackers.

According to my findings, some of the victims of cyber-attack are so naïve that they don’t know what to do, but out of desperation not to lose businesses or sales the perpetrators sadly extort money from them.

Somebody wanting to reap where they did not sow by falsely misrepresenting was not just selfish but callous.

I decided to share my experience to bring awareness.  If you ever become a victim of cyber-attack first contact the perpetrator to remove the false content; if the perpetrator refused, contact Google.

It might take some time but Google will investigate and remove the reported web page.   



Written By K Jinadu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment